Thursday, February 18, 2010

Nove

The cost of living here is rather high, especially with the current exchange rate. Take milk for instance: it is only sold in liters and each liter is 1.60. So about 4 liters make a gallon so that is about 6.50 Euros a gallon. Convert that to dollars and it is almost $10 for a gallon of milk. Just regular milk. Not organic, or soy, or magic. Ugh. I kind of wish I did not do that math.

So when I do find a bargain, I get pretty excited. The best deal I've found so far is in the town of Nove about an hour and a half drive from our house. It is the town that manufactures ceramics for all the big names in America.


I bought this beautiful platter for 17 Euros. The cake stand was less than 25. The platter is almost as big as my arm. You couldn't find any platter of this size for this price even at TJ Maxx.

Are you swooning yet?


Look where it is from.


You might want to sit down.




did you get that?


These are not discontinued items. The platter is currently selling at tiffany.com for $115. Tiffany pieces are not the only great deal. There are entire stores full of Williams Somona, Lenox and many more. Don't you love a bargain?

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=15251646&mcat=148209&cid=297559&search_params=s+5-p+4-c+297559-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+


Check out a Nove store at http://www.laceramicavbc.com/ceramics-shop.htm

1 comment:

  1. I'm telling you - it's time to take advantage of these bargains and go into business!!

    ReplyDelete