Monday, June 14, 2010

Paris

I think I could write about our Paris trip every day, but I won't. I promise. It was a wonderful five days. Paris is a busy, bustling, fashionable city but at the same time it is beautiful and romantic. The perfect place to sit for hours in a sidewalk cafe, sip wine (senza bambini) and watch the world go by. We did a lot of sitting and sipping, and sitting and sipping and sitting and sipping. . .


Before my first trip to France, I knew I would enjoy it but I didn't think I would love it because I am so in love with Italy. Turns out I was wrong. I love France too. I love the culture, the language, and even the people with their snooty reputation have been nothing but gracious to me. On that note, here are my top things to do in Paris. . .

Walk next to the river from the Eiffel tower to the Museum D'Orsay. Everywhere you look there is something gorgeous. Possibly my favorite place in all of Europe.




Museum D'Orsay. Great museum with several rooms (yes ROOMS) filled with all the impressionists. It is amazing to go from a whole room filled with Monet to a whole room filled with Van Gough and on and on. Less crowded than the Louvre.

Appreciate the Louvre for the building itself. It is as great a work of art as the art inside it. Beautiful on the outside as well as inside.


Enjoy loooong French dinners. French food is divine.


Start each day with a cafe crème. Almost as good as an Italian cappuccino.


Go to the bar in George V. The overpriced drink is worth it for the gorgeous atmosphere in the historic hotel and fabulous people watching. Also gives you an excuse to see the famous flowers.






Sit under the Eiffel tower and share a bottle of wine. Be there when the lights come on at night. There is something about the Eiffel Tower that I just can't describe. It is so alluring... I don't know if it is the size or the style but it is so captivating.


Au revoir. . . I hope to go back soon

1 comment:

  1. Yay! J'adore Paris! Did you get up to Montmartre near the Moulin Rouge? It's such a wonderful, artsy, colorful part of Paris as well!! I could go back a million times and never get enough. Someday I'll take Eric...

    We watched Italy vs. Paraguay today and thought of you!!

    ReplyDelete