Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Fairy Tale







On our first day in Germany we visited the castle that Walt Disney used for the inspiration for the Disney castle. The weather was horrible-- cold and rainy but it made the castle quite breathtaking. Because of the fog and the clouds, it looked like it was floating on a cloud just like the end of the movie Snow White. Since I spent at most of my childhood wanting to grow up to be Cinderella I was impressed, but it might have been a bit more magical with girls instead of boys. My boys aren't terribly impressed with princesses (although they did keep asking when we would see Snow White). Oh well, the rest of the week was spent hiking the Alps and that was more their thing.

1 comment:

  1. I much prefer princesses to alpine hiking. With age, I do so appreciate being coddled in a magical castle.

    ReplyDelete