Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Milano

A day trip to Milan.  Sushi for lunch, a stop in the duomo, a long walk around centro, then back on the train home. . .

 The Duomo. . . Gothic architecture is my absolute favorite.  It is too much for some people but I love how ornate and detailed it is.  You could stare at this for an hour and never see all the details.  The Milan cathedral took 5 centuries to complete and is the largest gothic cathedral in the world.

One of the giant marble column inside.  I can only imagine the work that went into these

The famous shopping street of Milan.  This is outside but the street is covered in glass with a mosiac floor.  It is anchored by Prada and Louis Vuitton and lined with restaurants and cafes filled with well-dressed Milanese.  I could have spent three days here but my children had other ideas.

Milano Centrale.  The most gorgeous train station I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment