Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday's Tastes: A Bottle Full of Happy

One of the most popular wines in our region (Emilia Romagna) is Prosecco, a fizzy white almost like champagne. Unlike champagne though, it is not reserved for special occasions. It is my absolute favorite and I’ll often have a glass while I’m cooking dinner, or in the garden with my husband after the kids are asleep, or just because it is Tuesday. My friend served it at her lovely brunch this morning. In fact, I’ve never been to a party without Prosecco. My husband says it has happy in it. So next time you buy wine, look for Prosecco and enjoy your own bottle full of happy.

3 comments:

  1. Luv me some prosecco. Since I've been back from France, I find myself only drinking prosecco or sparkling wine. Champagne(the real stuff) is too expensive all the time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. margarita-- hurry up and get here! the prosecco is 3 Euros a bottle here-- we promise to have a few bottles open as soon as you arrive. can't wait for your trip! (the italians love their fizzy wine too-- you'll fit right in!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I'll look for it - do you think it exists here in the states? Is it dry or sweet?

    Lauren, that reminds me of the time we sat on your front doorstep and drank a bottle of wine because we were so stressed out one afternoon with our kids, do you remember that? I sure hope that these days your wine drinking is much more enjoyable!!! :)

    ReplyDelete