Friday, March 19, 2010

Prada, Fendi, Armani. . .

Oh how I wish I could have been there. . . Italian fashion week was a few weeks ago. I would have loved to be in Milan during that time.

This year the week was cut short and I just read an article (thanks Dot) explaining why. It seems Anna Wintour, editor of American Vogue, decided to only be Italy 3 days. The Italians panicked and rearranged the whole schedule at the last minute. Huge fashion houses like Dolce and Gabbana changed scrambled to change days to accommodate her.

Seem a bit much? Actually it is not. If Ms. Wintour is not at a show, the stores won't buy that designer. She has been called the most powerful woman in America and I might agree. It is pretty impressive that an entire industry depends on her very presence.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/milan-fashion-week/7207157/Milan-Fashion-Week-in-chaos-after-Anna-Wintour-cuts-visit-short.html



I just watched The September Issue, a documentary about Anna Wintour, and I absolutely loved it. I highly recomend it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9-bAwz9uWk She is not as demanding as she was portrayed in The Devil Wears Prada but it is amazing to watch how this one woman infuences a whole industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment